Horizon Gold Card
The Horizon Gold Card is a store card that is aimed at people with less than good credit who either need to rebuild their credit or just want to option for store financing. You may have seen their ads online or got a pre approval letter in the mail. They typically offer a $500 limit and a guaranteed approval.
Things to Know about the Horizon Gold Card
First of all, you’re not going to earn any great cash back rewards with this card. The same goes for travel points or vacation packages. What you will get, though, is a card that will approve you even with a terrible credit score.
If you’re looking for a card with great rewards, this one is not going to be for you. If you have bad credit and just want the opportunity to re-build your credit score, look no further. Chances are the Horizon Gold Card will approve you.
Here are some of the benefits to having this card:
- Making payments on it each month will report to the credit agencies and build your score.
- You’re guaranteed to get the card if you apply.
- You can finance things just like a normal store card.
- The Horizon Gold Card does have an annual fee which is charged onto the card.
- It can take up to 10 days to receive the card in the mail.
Tips for Improving Your Credit Score:
If you want to improve your credit score, there are a few tips I suggest in order to get to a respectable score level. Here are some of the tips I suggest you do in order to get a better score.
- Obtain credit. The Horizon Gold Card is a great first step to get approved for a card. Remember to always make your monthly payment on time! Even being late 1 day will hurt your score.
- Remove negatives. If you have bad remarks on your credit score, talk to Lexington Law about getting those removed from your report.
- Build! You want to show a history of good payments.
Overall, the Horizon Gold Card is not a terrible card, but it could be much better. If you don’t have great credit, it is certainly a good place to start when you have no other options.